Budget: $3 million
Box Office: Not available.Never released in cinema
Synopsis: Five wayward teenage girls are sent to a reformatory and discover they possess unique powers to battle the ancient demon, Legion, which holds thrall over the sinister institution.One girl in particular we get a unique impression of her relationship with her teacher.
1. Establishing shot- slow tracking shot of fence- signifies discipline. Extreme long shot of the Religious school setting.
- Bright light signifies a pure/virginal impression of the girls and god in the school presence.
2. Music and sound - Eary, slow the organ is being played (Digetic sound)
3. Mise-en-scene: Cruisifix on the wall, girl in quite contivertial uniform which apparently draws in the devil because she's doing something wrong with the teacher signified by him putting his hand on her shoulder. Cross on the wall smashing= forshadowing. Lighting quickly changes from light to dark.
4. Start equilibrium- School girl in a religious school.
5. Fence around the school in a tracking shot signifies discipline.
6. Ellipsis - time passing from outside to inside
7. Student in the classroom alone signifies isolation and vulnerablity.
8. Girl in the class rooms costume: short skirt, knee high socks, blonde hair all signifies she is sexually active and anchors the sexual link between her and her teacher because of the extreme close up of their hands touching
9. Shot variations provides anchorage that it is aimed at teens because they tend to get bored more easily.
10. Non digetic sound and very short takes when the devil arrives to signify change and panic.
11. The roar from the girl signifies the devil has got into her similarly to the way it does in the horror film The Excorsist released in 1973.
12. The 'father' (preist/teacher) obviously going to be important in the rest of the film.